Find answers to all of your eBay questions,
whatever the subject.
- Why do my funds show as pending?
- How can I pay for shipping if my funds aren't available right away?
If you print PayPal shipping labels, up to $15 of your buyer's funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs for any order less than $50. For any order with a total cost that exceeds $50, up to 30% of the funds from you buyer will be available immediately to cover shipping costs.
- What's the longest my funds may show as pending?
If you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date cannot be calculated, your funds could be unavailable for up to 21 days.
- How can I find out the status of my payments?
If you have payments shown as pending in your PayPal account, you'll see the status of these payments in My eBay, including the estimated date funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster. You can also log in to your PayPal account for up-to-date information on the status of your payments.
- What happens if an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or a PayPal claim is opened while my payment is pending?
If an eBay Money Back Guarantee case, PayPal claim, or PayPal dispute is opened—or if a credit card chargeback is received or other reversal is initiated during the time the payment is pending—funds for that sale will be unavailable until the seller resolves the issue or the case is found in the seller's favour. If the seller does not resolve the issue or is found responsible, eBay or PayPal will refund the buyer's payment.
- How are items with local pickup affected by funds availability?
If your buyer pre-pays for the item with PayPal and uses local pick-up for an item purchased on eBay.ca, your funds will be available 21 days after the buyer pays.