Uploading shipping tracking information is a vital part of the selling process. When buyers can track the progress of their shipment, they tend to be more satisfied and leave higher detailed seller ratings (DSRs). This key action also reduces the amount of time sellers spend answering one of the most common buyer questions: "Where's my stuff?" Additionally, tracking information and Delivery Confirmation plays an important role in the eBay dispute resolution process and helps you qualify for automatic 5-star shipping time DSRs.
You can upload virtually any shipping carrier's shipping tracking information. When you upload this information to eBay, your buyers receive it via an automated email, and can access it from within their My eBay. If you pay for shipping and print shipping labels on eBay or PayPal, the upload of this information to eBay is automatic. If you use third party services or bulk tools to list your items, uploading this information to eBay is easy.
Benefits of Uploading Tracking INFORMATION OR DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
- Improved Buyer Experience. When you upload this information, buyers can more easily determine when they will receive their packages.
- Improved Buyer Confidence.Uploading Delivery Confirmation or tracking information gives buyers greater confidence that their transaction will go through without an issue.
- Improved Feedback and DSRs. When buyers can track the progress of their shipment, they're more satisfied and tend to leave higher DSRs. Tracking information and Delivery Confirmation also helps you qualify for automatic 5-star shipping time DSRs.
- Seller Efficiency. Providing tracking information and Delivery Confirmation tends to reduce the amount of time spent answering shipping-related buyer questions.
- Seller Protection. Shipping tracking information plays an important role in the eBay dispute resolution process. It is seen as "evidence" in the event an Item Not Received case is opened, and protects sellers against claims for items not received up to $750. For items over $750 in value you'll need signature confirmation as well as shipping tracking information.
How to Upload Tracking Numbers and Delivery Confirmation in Selling Manager
To learn how to upload this important information to My eBay, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Sold Items section of Selling Manager.
- Select the check box next to the item or items for which you want to add a tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.
- Click the Add Tracking Number button.
- On the Add/Edit/Delete Tracking Number page, enter the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.
- If eBay can determine the carrier you're using, such as USPS or UPS, we'll pre-fill that information in the Carrier box. Otherwise, enter the name of your carrier.
- Click the Save button.
Enter the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number. eBay will pre-fill the carrier name.
Once you've uploaded tracking information or Delivery Confirmation, it appears in the following places:
- The item's Order Details page
- My eBay Feedback page
- Automated Order Update email
- Ask Seller a Question page
Additionally, uploaded information is integrated into the eBay Resolutions flow.
When you upload tracking, we'll send your buyer an email with the shipping tracking number or Delivery Confirmation number so they can rest assured that their item is on its way.
AUTOMATICALLY UPLOAD TRACKING NUMBERS AND DELIVERY CONFIRMATION USING PAYPAL LABELS
If you pay for shipping and print labels using PayPal labels, Tracking information is automatically uploaded to My eBay and emailed to your buyer. You can create shipping labels and packing slips on PayPal when you ship via Canada Post and print one label at a time. You don't need a special label printer—just print the label on a normal sheet of paper and tape it to your package.
BULK TOOLS AND CERTIFIED PROVIDERS
Do you use bulk tools or a Certified Provider? See the Uploading Tracking Numbers or Delivery Confirmation Using Bulk Tools and Third Party Services page for detailed information on how to upload tracking numbers and Delivery Confirmation in bulk.
Mark Items as Shipped if you don't have Delivery Confirmation or Tracking Information
If your carrier does not provide a tracking number, be sure to mark your item as "shipped" in My eBay as soon as you send it. Your buyer is notified in the Order Update email that their item is marked as "shipped" and will see a "shipped" icon within My eBay. Consider following up personally via email to let your buyer know you shipped the item— that way the buyer is assured the item is on its way and should arrive within your estimated delivery time.
Extra shipping tips and resources
Read answers to frequently asked questions about PayPal labels.
Get special eBay discounts from Canada Post and FedEx.
Boost your sales and ratings, and lower your costs.
From your PayPal account you can pay for discounted postage, print shipping labels, and upload tracking to eBay automatically.