Choose a Category
Help buyers find your item easily
Doing some research before you list your item can help you choose the most successful category for your item.
Try these tips:
- Think creatively about your item. For example, maybe the item you first thought belonged in Decorative Art is better suited for Home Décor.
- Consider a number of possible categories.
- Search for items on eBay that are similar to yours and notice which categories they are listed in. Try several different keyword searches and see if you find particularly active categories.
- Look at the page-view counters and numbers of bids on similar items in several different categories. Choose to join categories where others are having successful listings.
- Consider reaching more buyers by listing in two categories.
All items must be listed within relevant categories. eBay may move your listing if it's listed in a category that is unrelated to the item you are selling.