- What carriers are available when printing labels?
When printing shipping labels at home, you can choose from Canada Post or UPS.
- My label didn't print properly. Can I print it again without paying?
Yes. The dialogue window that appears when you're ready to print your label allows you to print another at no cost in case the first one didn't work out. It's best to leave this dialogue open until you're sure the label has printed properly. If not, you should be able to re-print the label from your transaction history on PayPal.
- Do shipping labels expire?
Canada Post shipping labels don't expire, but you're encouraged to use your label as soon as it's created.
- I don't need my label after all. Can I void it?
If it has been less than 24 hours since you printed it, you can void your label for a full refund to your PayPal account. Follow these steps:
- Log in to PayPal.
- From your Summary or Activity page, select the payment you created a label for.
- Select Void label.
- Select Void shipment to confirm the cancellation.
- Can I print a return shipping label from home?
Yes, return shipping labels can also be printed from home. To create a return shipping label, follow these instructions:
- In My eBay, find the item you're processing a return for in your Sold items.
- From the More actions drop-down menu, select Print return shipping label.
- Log in to PayPal and follow the instructions.
- When does the handling time clock start and stop?
The handling time clock begins when you receive cleared payment from your buyer, and ends when your item receives an acceptance scan from your shipping carrier.
- Which days aren't included in my handling time?
In addition to Saturday and Sunday, major holidays don't count in our handling time calculations. Check your carrier's holiday schedule for the complete list.
- Where can I specify handling time when listing on mobile?
To find and change your handling time through the eBay mobile app, first go to your Preferences screen, then select Handling Time.
- Can I adjust my handling time after I list an item?
Once you’ve listed an item, you can only adjust your handling time if no bids or orders were placed on the item. If a bid or order has been placed, you’ll no longer be able to adjust your handling time.
- When I print labels at home, it uploads tracking for me. Does this meet my handling time?
While uploading tracking helps eBay calculate your on-time shipping metric, it's still up to you to make sure your package is scanned by your carrier within your stated handling time. Tracking alone does not meet your handling time commitment.
- If I can't meet my handling time, what should I do?
If you don't think you're going to meet your stated handling time, consider using an expedited shipping service to make sure your buyer still receives the item within the estimated delivery date. Either way, you should contact the buyer to let them know what's going on and when they can expect their item.
- When will my package be scanned if I drop it off after hours?
There's no guarantee that, just because you’ve dropped off your package at your shipping carrier’s office before 11:59:59 pm PT, it will be scanned before that time. That's why it's important to check your carrier's business hours and drop off your package while they’re open, so it can be scanned before 11:59:59 pm PT that day.
- Why am I responsible for handling time if I can't control when packages are scanned?
We hold our sellers accountable for the aspects of the shipping process you can control: using the shipping service specified in your listing, shipping within the stated handling time, and uploading tracking.
Your carrier's acceptance scan is just one of three checkpoints we use to determine whether your item was shipped or delivered on time. You need just one for your item to be considered as delivered on time:
- Acceptance scan within your stated handling time, or
- Delivery confirmation by estimated delivery date, or
- Buyer response that item was delivered by the estimated delivery date
When we don't have any of the above, we check to see if delivery confirmation shows the item was delivered late or if the buyer confirms that item was delivered late.
If we have no response from the buyer and no tracking information, the transaction will not be included in the on-time shipping calculation and won’t be considered on-time or late.
- Who is Shippo?
Shippo is a leading API and dashboard for shipping. Shippo offers a rich set of features for shippers, both through their website and their API. Their technology powers millions of packages per month, bound to over 190 countries. The new Shippo labels platform will set the stage for new eBay features and carriers in the future.
You can learn more about Shippo on their website.
- Do I need to install anything on my computer to use Shippo?
No. Shippo is a web-based application that can be run from any computer or mobile device. You can also access one Shippo account from multiple locations to process shipments at the same time.
- What countries can I ship to with Shippo?
You can use Shippo to print shipping labels to anywhere that Canada Post ships to. If you have other carrier accounts, you can also connect them to Shippo and ship to anywhere they support. Shippo automatically generates the appropriate international paperwork you need, no matter what carrier you use.
- Can I use Shippo to print labels for items I listed on eBay.com?
Yes. Your Shippo dashboard will show all your recent eBay orders, regardless of the eBay site on which they were listed. So whether you list on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca, eBay.com, eBay.co.uk, or most any other international eBay site, you can print Canada Post labels for these orders directly from your Shippo dashboard.
You can also access Shippo's USPS account to print US-outbound labels, or to provide a buyer with a shipping label for a return. A Shippo label fee would apply in this case.
- Which label formats can I print?
Canada Post offers two different label formats, both supported by Shippo:
- 4" x 6" PDF
- 8.5" x 11" PDF
If you're printing shipping labels for other carriers, such as FedEx, UPS, DHL Express, and/or Purolator, Shippo supports Zebra printer and DYMO printer formats as well.
- Why do I need to create a Shippo account?
Shippo is eBay Canada's new partner for printing shipping labels. You'll need to create a unique account with Shippo that can be connected to your eBay account before you can print your first label.
- Can I connect more than one eBay account to my Shippo account?
You can connect multiple eBay accounts with each Shippo account. Creating a Shippo account is free.
- Is there a charge for printing a shipping label on Shippo?
For items sold on eBay, you only pay the cost of the shipping label itself. Once you’ve connected your Shippo account with your eBay account, eBay pays the Shippo fee for any label created from an eBay sold item.
If you decide to use Shippo to print labels for your non-eBay sales, Shippo fees will apply.
- Can I pay for my shipping label using my PayPal balance?
Yes. Shippo accepts PayPal payment.
- Will address information from eBay be pre-filled?
Yes. When you print a label for an eBay order on Shippo, address information, item weights, dimensions, and other order details are pre-filled.
- Will parcel weight and dimensions from eBay be pre-filled?
Yes. If you entered weights and dimensions with your listings, that information will be pre-filled for you in the label order form on Shippo.
- Why do I need to authorize Shippo to access my eBay information? Is this safe?
As part of the one-time setup process, you’ll be directed to an eBay page that asks you to authorize Shippo to access your eBay information. Once you’ve done this, Shippo will use your eBay sold item information to populate your Shippo dashboard, and to pre-fill buyer and item details when you print a shipping label, and to upload your tracking information to eBay. To authorize Shippo to do this, you’ll be asked to sign in with your eBay credentials, on a secure page hosted by eBay.
- What eBay information will Shippo have access to?
Once you’ve completed the one-time setup process to create your Shippo account and grant it access to your eBay listing information, Shippo will be able to access the kind of information required to fill out your Shippo dashboard—such as item numbers, title, category, price and shipping service selected for items recently sold on eBay. Shippo will also be able to access the kind of information required to build a shipping label, such as buyer name and address, package dimensions or package weight.
- Why do I need to associate a PayPal account?
The PayPal account you associate with your Shippo account will be used to pay the shipping costs for the labels that you print. You can use any valid PayPal account for this.
- Why do I need to add/create a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account?
Creating a Canada Post account allows you to have those shipments count towards your total Canada Post volume for rate consideration with respect to your non-eBay sales.
Adding your own Canada Post account makes it easier for Canada Post and Shippo to apply any adjustments needed for things such as under-declared or over-declared weights and dimensions.
- Why isn’t Canada Post's Regular Parcel service available when I print eBay labels on Shippo?
As a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business customer, you’re eligible to use Canada Post Expedited Parcel services. By selecting Expedited Parcel, you’ll get a superior shipping service for your buyers at exactly the same price as Regular Parcel.
- Can I print Shippo labels using my own Canada Post contract rates?
Yes. If you have a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account, then you can associate it with your Shippo account, and you’ll always print your eBay labels at the lowest price.
Canada Post contract rates for large, high-volume shippers not supported at this time.
- What carriers does Shippo support?
If you have your own carrier accounts with other shipping carriers, you may enter them directly on the Shippo dashboard to access your own negotiated rates. Shippo connects to a variety of carriers, including FedEx, UPS, Purolator, DHL Express, and other international carriers. To ship with FedEx, you will need to connect your own FedEx account.
If you wish, you can even print a label for USPS or a number of other international carriers using Shippo’s own account. This can be useful if, for example, you want to email a shipping label to a US buyer in order to facilitate a return. A Shippo label fee would apply in this case.
- Do I have to go directly to Shippo to print shipping labels for my eBay orders?
Today, you can only print labels on Shippo by going directly to Shippo.
In a few weeks, once we’ve cutover from PayPal to Shippo, you’ll also be able to get to Shippo by selecting the Print shipping label link on eBay.ca.
- Do I have to go to eBay first before I can print a shipping label on Shippo?
You don’t have to go to eBay first to print your label. If you wish, you can manage the entire process of printing labels for your eBay sold items directly from your Shippo dashboard, without going to eBay at all.
- Where can I learn more about Shippo?
You can learn more about Shippo on their website.
- Where can I get support for Shippo?
Shippo’s dedicated support team provides exclusive email support for Canadian eBay members.
Shippo support for eBay Canada membersis available at email@example.com.
- What happens if my parcel doesn’t match the weight and dimensions that I used to create my label on Shippo?
Adjustments for under-declared shipping may be charged back to your PayPal account.
- Can I continue to print shipping labels on PayPal?
For now, PayPal labels are still accessible if you select the Print shipping label link on eBay.ca.
Once we have redirected the Print shipping label link to Shippo, sellers will no longer be able to access eBay’s label printing platform on PayPal.
Going forward, PayPal will continue to offer a generic label printing solution through its merchant services label printing flow. This service is not integrated with eBay, which means that while sellers can use PayPal’s service, buyer address data may no longer be pre-filled, and dimensions, weight, and other information from eBay available on Shippo will not be available on PayPal. Tracking information will no longer be automatically uploaded to eBay.