Changes for Top Rated Sellers and sellers
whose status is below standard.
eBay Top Rated Seller changes
We’re updating the eBay Top Rated Seller program to align the requirements and rewards with current retail standards.
- The Top Rated final value fee discount will change from 20% to 10% on qualifying listings beginning May 1, 2017.
- The benefits unique to Canadian Top Rated sellers will remain unchanged:
- Your Top Rated final value fee discount will apply to all your listings, whether you list on eBay.ca, eBay.com, or both, so long as you remain Top Rated under either the Global or US Standards program.
- You do not need to meet the tracking upload requirements in order to qualify for the US Top Rated discount.
- Canadians with Store subscriptions on either eBay.ca or eBay.com, or who are US Top Rated, may now use the promoted listings feature on eBay.com to promote their eBay.com listings to US buyers.
- Beginning in April 2017:
- Canadian sellers who subscribe to an Anchor Store on either eBay.ca or eBay.com will receive a quarterly US$25 promoted listings credit, for use on eBay.com.
- Canadians who qualify as US Top Rated will receive a quarterly US$30 promoted listings credit for use on eBay.com, whether or not they subscribe to an eBay Store.
- These valuable credits can be used to promote listings you create on eBay.com to US buyers. Canadian Anchor Store subscribers who are also US Top Rated will be eligible to receive an additional quarterly US$30 credit, for a total of US$55 per quarter.
- In summer 2017, promoted listings will launch on eBay.ca. Look for more details in future announcements.
Below standard changes
Final value fees for sellers who do not meet eBay’s minimum performance standards will increase by 4 percentage points on items sold after May 1, 2017. To make sure you’re meeting eBay’s minimum selling requirements, follow our selling best practices and check your seller dashboard regularly.
For Canadian sellers only, the increased final value fees will only apply if the seller falls below standard under both the Global seller performance standards program and the US seller performance standards program.
Why is eBay making these changes for eBay Top Rated Sellers?
We are making changes to the Top Rated program to reflect both current buyer ecommerce expectations and seller velocity expectations to grow your business.
Performance Standards FAQs
Why is the Top Rated seller discount changing?
eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that.
Why are the final value fees increasing for sellers whose status is below standard?
Charging an additional fee for sellers whose status is below standard helps eBay capture some of the cost to the marketplace caused by these sellers.
My performance status is currently below standard in both the US and Global standards programs, though I’m working on improving it. Will I still be assessed the additional fee, and for how long?
As long as a Canadian seller’s status is below standard in both the Global and US Top Rated programs, their sold items will be subject to the additional fee. Note that, as announced in September 2016, we will continue to defer performance-related selling limits or selling restrictions on a seller’s account for at least three months as they work to get their status back above standard.
Who is eligible to receive the quarterly promoted listings credit?
- Beginning April 1, 2017, all Canadian Anchor Store subscribers are eligible to receive a US$25 quarterly promoted listings credit.
- Beginning April 1, 2017, all Canadian sellers who are US Top Rated are eligible to receive a US$30 quarterly promoted listings credit, whether or not they meet the tracking upload requirements, or subscribe to an eBay Store.
- Sellers who are both Anchor Store subscribers and US Top Rated are eligible to receive both these credits, totalling US$55 per quarter.
When will I receive my promoted listings credit?
To receive the promoted listings credit, simply start using the promoted listings feature on eBay.com after April 1, 2017, and eBay will automatically credit the appropriate amount each month.
Can I use the promoted listings credit on eBay.ca?
No. Until promoted listings launch on eBay.ca in summer 2017, you can only promote items listed on eBay.com.
Can I use the promoted listings credit to promote items that are listed on eBay.ca, but showing up on eBay.com?
Currently, the promoted listings feature on eBay.com only supports listings that were created on eBay.com. Until promoted listings launch on eBay.ca in summer 2017, you can only promote items listed on eBay.com.
- Where can I find more information about the promoted listings service and how to use it?