eBay Listing Analytics
New application helps you track listing performance, sell more
The eBay Listing Analytics application will provide a whole new level of insight into the visibility and sales your listings are generating. Learn about your best and worst performers and revise your listings right from the app to maximize sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding key metrics of your eBay business can help boost your sales this holiday season. The eBay Listing Analytics application, available free for all sellers starting the first week of October, 2010, will give you insight into your "sales funnel" - the rate at which buyers see, click, and buy from your listings.
Get answers to key questions:
Track performance on eBay.ca and eBay.com:
- How do my listings rank for a given search?
- What does my sales funnel (impressions, clicks, views, and sold items) look like for my active listings?
- How do my listings compare to the top five listings showing up on the first page of search results (impressions, average views) for a given query?
- What are best practices for getting more buyers to click on my listings and buy after they click them?
Analyze active and completed listings
- When you access the Listing Analytics application from eBay.ca, you'll see data for searches and purchases made by buyers on eBay.ca. This will include both listings you created on eBay.ca, and listings created on eBay.com that are available to Canada.
- You can also access the Listing Analytics application from eBay.com, to see data for searches and purchases made by buyers on eBay.com. This will include both listings you created on eBay.com and listings created on eBay.ca that are available to the US.
You can search active listings by item number or keyword and view data such as rank, title, format, impressions, views, sold items, watchers and sales. Filter results by format, sort by column, and drill down into the details of each listing to better understand performance. Then click on the "Revise" button to make changes to improve listing performance.
You can also search completed listings by item number to review the sales funnel for the last 30 days.
Subscribe to the application directly from the Applications tab in My eBay
Search active listings by keyword or item number
View and sort results by format, search results rank and more. See how your listings compare to the top five Auction and Buy It Now listings for any given search on eBay. Revise a listing to optimize right from the application.
See trending for a specific listing and review tips for improving your listing performance
- Try the application when it launches the first week of October. You will be able to access it at www.eBay.ca/ListingAnalytics or by clicking the "Listing Analytics" link under a new Applications tab in My eBay. You'll also be able to reach it from the item page, your Seller Dashboard, and Selling Manager/Selling Manager Pro.
- Use this information leading up to the holiday season to increase traffic to your listings and bring more sales.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The eBay Listing Analytics application provides insight into your "sales funnel" - the rate at which buyers see, click, and buy from your listings. View your listings rank, see how your listings perform compared to top listings in search results for your queries, and review trending data for both active and completed listings. Once in the application, you'll find various ways to sort and filter data and learn best practices to improve your business.
This application will replace the existing Search Visibility Tool on eBay.com and will be the primary application to help you understand key metrics related to the performance of your listings on eBay.com. The Search Visibility Tool is not available on eBay.ca, but the new eBay Listing Analytics application will be available on both eBay.com and eBay.ca.
This application will help you understand and optimize the performance of individual listings by focusing on clicks and sales in addition to search placement. It provides insight into your listings and how they are doing so you can revise as needed.
Yes. You can access the Listing Analytics application on eBay.ca to see how your listings are performing for searches and buyers on the eBay.ca site. You can also access the application on eBay.com to see how your listings are performing for searches and buyers on the eBay.com site.
No, it doesn't. If you either list on eBay.ca and indicate you will ship to the US in the listing form, or list on eBay.com and indicate you will ship to Canada, your listing will show up in searches on both eBay.ca and eBay.com. The Listing Analytics application on eBay.ca will show you how your listings are performing based on eBay.ca buyer activity and the application on eBay.com will show how those same listings are performing on eBay.com.
The eBay Listing Analytics application will be available to all sellers during the first week of October.
Yes, this application will support eBay Motors Parts & Accessories and Motors Vehicles listings.
The application will be available on eBay.ca and eBay.com to all registered sellers. It's most useful for Fixed Price, multi-quantity listings.
You will be able to subscribe to the application directly from the Applications tab in My eBay on eBay.com or eBay.ca. The Applications tab is not yet available on eBay.ca, but will be added in October. This application is free for all sellers.
When it is live in October, you'll be able to access it at www.eBay.ca/ListingAnalytics
. Also, a new "Listing Analytics" link will appear under the Applications tab in My eBay. The application will be accessible from various other places on the site such as the item page, Seller Dashboard, Selling Manager/Selling Manager Pro, and the Site Map.
- The application will have robust filtering and sorting capabilities that allow you to filter results by format, sort by column, and drill down into the details of each listing to better understand listing performance.
- Search an item number or keyword to see:
- Item Title
- Format (with number of bids for auctions)
- Sold Items
- A revise button for direct access to the revise listing flow.
The data in the Listing Analytics application has a 24-hour delay with the exception of "Rank" which is real time.
The application will show how your listing compares to the top five Auction-style and Fixed Price format listings based on search results for a query you provided. You'll be able to view average impressions, views, and sold items for the top five listings in both Auction-style and Fixed Price formats.
The application will show active listings and historical data for completed listings.
Completed listings include all your listings that are no longer active on the site; data for the past 30 days will be displayed. View data including item title, format, impressions, views, sales, watchers, items sold, sales price. Click on "View more details" to drill down into specifics for each. Relist your items directly from the application.
Definitions of the metrics will be displayed in the Glossary found directly in the application. A few examples:
- Impressions: Number of times your listing appears to potential buyers in search
- Clicks: Number of times buyers clicked on your listing
- Sold items: Number of times buyers purchased from your listings
The application will surface data on both Fixed Price and Auction-style listings.
The application will provide you with guidance on how you can improve your listings. You can use the information from the application to optimize your listings in line with those best practices.
When your listing has a low click-through rate, it means that your listing isn't enticing buyers to click. If they don't click, they don't buy. Review the best practices and make some revisions to your listing to make it more attractive:
If you have a low click-through rate, most likely you can also expect a low sell-through rate (your items are not selling). If you have a good click-through rate, but a low sell-through rate, you're enticing buyers, but losing the sale once they view your listing. Focus on the best practices that can help you close the sale such as: