eBay's Shipping Calculator automatically calculates Canada Post shipping costs for your buyers based on the size and weight of the packaged item and the location of the seller and buyer. Currently, the Shipping Calculator provides Canada Post's retail rate for shipping costs. With this change, you can specify a discount off the retail rates for both domestic and international shipments in the Shipping Calculator.
You can choose to apply a discount of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, and 70 percent off of the retail domestic and international rates.
To set your discounts follow these steps:
- Go to the Account tab in My eBay and choose "Site Preferences"
- Find "Shipping Preferences" and click "show" on the right
- Find "Offer Discounts in the Shipping Calculator" and click "edit"
- Specify the type of discount and the amount of the discount and click "Save"
Your listings with the Shipping Calculator will be updated automatically.
Yes. You can set one discount rate for domestic shipping services and a different discount rate for international shipping services.
At this time, you can select one discount for Canada Post domestic and one for Canada Post international. UPS Canada rates are not currently available in eBay's Shipping Calculator.
No. You can select only one discount for domestic services, and one discount for international services. The discount rates you select will apply to all Canada Post services.
Yes. You can set up your discounts for Canada Post calculated shipping on eBay.ca, and also set up discounts for USPS and UPS shipments with US points of origin on eBay.com.
No. Once you set your discounts in My eBay they are automatically applied to all your listings with the Shipping Calculator.
This functionality is only applicable if you use the Shipping Calculator in your listings.
Some sellers have negotiated rates with carriers. Canada Post and UPS Canada offer special discounts for eBay sellers.
- If you ship Canada Post and print your labels on eBay or PayPal, you save 25% on Canada Post domestic shipments via Expedited Parcel™*, 25% on Canada Post US shipments via Expedited Parcel™-USA*, 8% on Canada Post domestic shipments via Xpresspost™ and Regular Parcel**, and 9% on Canada Post U.S. shipments via Xpresspost™-U.S.A. and international shipments via Xpresspost™-International**.
- As an eBay PowerSeller residing in Canada, you can signs up for the UPS Savings Program for eBay PowerSellers. PowerSellers can save up to 50% off UPS shipping rates.
* 25% off Canada Post's standard retail rates on Expedited Parcel and Expedited Parcel USA. Discount made possible by Canada Post and eBay Canada.
** Discounts not available on all USA and International Small Packets and Light Packet services, or the Canada Post-eBay Flat Rate Box with Expedited Parcel™ and Expedited Parcel™-USA services. Savings may vary by service, weight, dimension and destination. Discounts are automatically calculated and offered through eBay's Online Shipping solution. Applied on Canada Post published consumer rates at the time of purchase. Cannot be combined with any other discounts
No. Offering shipping discounts is your choice. However, buyers may take shipping cost into account when they are choosing which listing to buy. Try testing a shipping discount in some of your listings to see how many additional sales it drives for you.