eBay Stores FAQ
Find answers to all of your eBay questions,
whatever the subject.
- How do I open an eBay Store, and what do I do first?
- How do I list items in my eBay Store?
All of the items you currently have listed on eBay will automatically show up in your eBay Store. To list new items, select the Sell button at the top of any eBay page. You'll go through a step-by-step process that makes it easy to list and find the appropriate categories for your item. If you would like to list in bulk, you can use advanced seller tools to do so.
- If I subscribe to an eBay Store, does that mean I'm a business?
Subscribing to an eBay Store doesn't automatically classify your account as a business account. Find out more about registering as a business on eBay.
- How do I close my Store?
You can close your eBay Store at any time by signing in to My eBay and selecting the Subscriptions link under the Account tab. You'll be taken to a page where you can cancel your subscription.
- What happens to my listings when I close my Store?
Sellers can choose to end their active fixed price listings or keep them, subject to the standard fees.
- How do I re-open my eBay Store?
Per our eBay Store policy, information will be retained for 30 days after your subscription is cancelled. To re-open an eBay Store, you'll need follow the same process as for opening a new eBay Store.
- How do I upgrade my Store subscription?
To upgrade your eBay Store, go to My eBay and select Account, then Subscriptions. From there, select Change level to upgrade your eBay Store.
- How and when am I charged for my subscription?
Eligible sellers may subscribe to an eBay Store at any time during the year. The subscription fee will appear on your monthly invoice.
The first month of your subscription is prorated based on your sign-up date. For example, if you sign up on April 27th and you're billed on the 1st of every month, you will be charged for the remaining 4 days in April (27, 28, 29, and 30), plus the month of May on May 1st.
Should you decide to cancel your subscription, you may do so at any time. You will have the full benefit of your subscription through the last day of the month you've cancelled in. For example, if you cancel your subscription on May 26th, you will have the full benefits of the subscription through May 31st, as you have already paid through to the end of the month. Your subscription will then be cancelled and you will not be billed on June 1st.
- How do I make changes to the design of my Store?
You can change your logo, Store name, categories, and more at any time by going to Manage My Store, located in the left navigation column of My eBay.
- Can I use HTML to design my Store homepage?
Yes. Store sellers can create a custom header with HTML just below the standard eBay Store header. In addition, Store sellers can build a completely customized Store home page using HTML.
To take advantage of these customization opportunities, go to the Manage My Store page and select Store Design in the left column. Sellers can also easily create links to their Store by using HTML Builder, located in the left column in Manage My Store.
- How can I change my Display Settings/Sort Order?
To manage your display settings or sort order preferences, follow these steps:
- Under the Account tab, select Manage My Store.
- Under Store Design, select Display Settings.
- Under Theme and Display, select Change.
- Scroll down to Sort Order and choose your preference from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save Settings.
- How many categories can I create?
You can create up to 300 Store categories. Your Store category total includes the sum of all level 1, level 2, and level 3 categories. For example, you could have 300 level 1 categories or 30 level 1 categories with 10 subcategories each.
Note: eBay automatically creates a default level 1 category named "Other Items" that can't be edited, and counts toward the 300 category limit.
- How many Store categories should I use?
You can create up to 300 categories. Go to the Store Categories page in Manage My Store for suggestions on how to set up your Store category structure.
- Where can I learn more about Store categories?
You can learn more about Store categories by visiting our help page.
- What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a tool for eBay Store subscribers that enables them to send email to interested buyers who have signed up for their mailing lists.
- Who can I send an email to?
You can email anyone who has subscribed to your mailing lists. Users subscribe to sellers' mailing lists through the Add to Favorite Sellers and Stores process, through which they can select one or more mailing lists to subscribe to for each seller.
- How do I send an email to my subscribers?
Using the email marketing tool, you can easily create and send template-based or fully customized HTML emails to your subscribers. You can send one email per week for each of your mailing lists, and there is no limit to the number of subscribers on an email list.
- Where can I learn more about email marketing?
You can learn more about email marketing by visiting our help page.
- What is Markdown Manager?
Markdown Manager is a free feature exclusively for eBay Store subscribers that enables them to discount the price of their items or add a limited-time free shipping sale.
- How do I access Markdown Manager?
Markdown Manager is available under My eBay > Account Tab > Marketing Tools > Item Promotion > Markdown Manager on the left navigation bar.
- Is there a cost to use Markdown Manager?
No. Markdown Manager is free for all eBay Stores subscribers.
- What listings are available in Markdown Manager?
You can use Markdown Manager to discount all fixed price listings, or to provide a limited-time free shipping sale on all listing formats.
- Where can buyers see my discounted listings?
Buyers will see a special strike-through price and Sale logo in the following places:
- Item Page—plus a free shipping logo, if offered
- Cross-promotions on the bottom of the view item page
- Seller email marketing—plus a free shipping logo, if offered
- eBay Stores promotion boxes
Buyers will see special strikethrough pricing in the following places:
- Search results
- In-Store search results
- Items I'm Watching, if the item has gone on sale after it was added to the buyer's watch list
- Items I'm Watching Ending Soon email
- In all other areas, the sale price will be displayed as the Buy It Now price, including in eBay search results
- Where can I find out more about Markdown Manager?
You can learn more about Markdown Manager by visiting our help page.