Best Price Guarantee
eBay has great prices—and we guarantee it. If you buy a new item located in Canada on eBay, and then find a better price elsewhere within 48 hours, we’ll beat the difference by 10%!
What qualifies for the Best Price Guarantee?
New, unopened items with a UPC code, located in Canada, and listed in Canadian dollars on eBay qualify.
Found at Competitors
To qualify, the item should be available on Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, or Walmart.ca.
Identical and Available
Both items (eBay’s and the competitor’s) should be exactly the same and currently in stock.
Found it for less? Here’s what you do:
- 1If you find a better price on a qualifying item within 48 hours of making a purchase on eBay, contact eBay Customer Service.
- 2Let Customer Service know where you found the lower price. We’ll verify the price and whether the item qualifies.
- 3Once it’s verified, you’ll get an immediate eBay coupon for 110% of the difference. Happy shopping!
Which competitors does eBay’s Best Price Guarantee apply to?
The guarantee includes items for sale on Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, and Walmart.ca (“Approved Competitors”), but excludes any third-party marketplaces, including those associated with the stores listed above. This list is subject to change by eBay.
Are taxes and shipping included in determining whether an item qualifies for the Best Price Guarantee?
No. We compare the item’s purchase price (excluding taxes, surcharges, duties, shipping, and handling fees) on eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca and on the Competitor’s website in order to determine if the Best Price Guarantee applies.
How do I receive a coupon or find out more about the Best price guarantee policy?
Please contact eBay Customer Service.
How does eBay reimburse me if a lower-priced identical item is found on an Approved Competitor’s website?
eBay will issue a coupon for the qualifying purchase if eBay’s Customer Service agent can confirm the difference in prices. Upon confirmation, they will issue a coupon for 110% of the difference (excluding taxes, surcharges, duties, and shipping and handling fees), which can be used toward your next eBay purchase. Coupons expire within 30 days of issuance. eBay reserves the right to cancel these coupons in the event that a purchase is cancelled or returned. eBay also reserves the right to deny claims in the event of any violation of eBay policies.
What do you mean by 110% of the difference?
110% of the difference means that eBay will issue a coupon for the difference in price between the price of the item on eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca and the price of the same item on the Approved Competitor’s website, plus an additional 10% of the price difference. For example if you buy an item on eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca for $100 but then find it on an Approved Competitor’s website for $90, you will get a coupon for $11. This is the difference in price ($100 - $90 = $10), plus 10% of the difference ($10 x 10% = $1).
Which items qualify for the best price guarantee?
New, unopened items in retail packaging with a UPC code located in Canada and listed in Canadian dollars on eBay are included. “New,” “New with Tags,” “New in Box,” and “Brand New” items qualify. All other item conditions, such as refurbished and “new other” items, are not eligible. Please refer to our item condition policy for more details.
Is this only for buyers who are Canadian residents?
Yes, buyers are eligible for the eBay Best Price Guarantee of they are a resident of Canada (even if the purchase was initiated outside of Canada), as long as the item is located in Canada, listed in Canadian dollars on eBay, and it is shipped within Canada.
What happens if an item is returned?
In the event that an item is returned, the buyer will be refunded the purchase price minus the coupon value and any other discounts applied at the time of transaction.
Terms & Conditions
How does it work?
Covered Items and Process
Buyers are given 110% of the purchase price difference under the eBay Best Price Guarantee as follows:
- The item is a brand new (with UPC code) unopened product listed in Canadian dollars;
- The request is from a registered eBay buyer, who is a Canadian resident and is signed into his or her eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca account, and the purchase will be shipped within Canada;
- The eBay buyer makes a request under the Best Price Guarantee program within 48 hours of purchase of a qualifying product on eBay;
- An eBay Customer Service agent verifies the item on eBay and the same item on an Approved Competitor’s website are both new condition, identical by a universal product identifier (UPC or brand and manufacturer part number), available and in-stock on both websites;
- The item is advertised on an Approved Competitor’s website at a price less than the same qualifying eBay item;
- The price difference does not exceed the lesser of one hundred Canadian dollars ($100) or fifty percent (50%) of the item’s advertised price found on the Approved Competitor’s website; and
- Only one unit per eBay buyer per day is matched.
- Refurbished, used, non-retail packaged products.
- Products from retailers that are not on the Approved Competitor’s website.
- Prices on Approved Competitor’s websites after applicable rebates, free offers, coupons, or specific one-time-only promotions from an Approved Competitor’s website, or specific offers based on bundled pricing, volume or let discounts.
- An error or misprint on an Approved Competitor’s website.
- Products in the following product categories: Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Coupons, Coins, Paper Money, or items generally considered to be "Bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots), Motors (except for Parts & Accessories), and Real Estate.
The Best Price Guarantee Program is subject to change without notice. eBay reserves the right to refuse a Best Price Guarantee request in order to prevent fraud or abuse or to ensure the integrity of the eBay website. The Best Price Guarantee program has a quantity limit of one matched item per day per user. eBay reserves all rights and remedies in the event any buyer or seller, individually or in collusion with others, attempts to circumvent these terms and conditions, to commit fraud, or to abuse the Best Price Guarantee Program. All other eBay terms and conditions and policies apply. Effective as of June 27, 2018.