See how Certified Refurbished works
Discover the rigorous process our like-new products go through before arriving at your door.
Up to 40% off the brands you love
Save on products that have been certified by manufacturers or authorized partners to work like‑new.
Shop with confidence.
No risk, big reward.
What's in the box
Certified Refurbished products ship with everything you'd get with a new purchase:
- New accessories
- New manuals
- Manufacturer-sealed packaging
Like-new is great for the planet, too
When you shop for Certified Refurbished products, you can make a positive impact on the planet by helping to reduce carbon emissions.
Are you a manufacturer-approved vendor? Learn more about how to apply to the Certified Refurbished Program as a seller.
What makes an item Certified Refurbished?
Products in the Certified Refurbished program follow a strict set of seller standards and come with a two-year Allstate warranty.
What is the difference between Certified Refurbished and Seller Refurbished?
Certified Refurbished items are in a pristine, like-new condition and are inspected, cleaned and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor. Seller Refurbished items are inspected, cleaned, and repaired to full working order by an eBay seller or third party. To review the full definition of Certified Refurbished and Seller Refurbished definition click here.
Who refurbishes Certified Refurbished items?
The manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor inspects, cleans and refurbishes Certified Refurbished items.
Are Certified Refurbished items sanitized?
Yes. The manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor thoroughly cleans the item to ensure it is in a pristine, like-new condition.
Do Certified Refurbished items come with accessories and manuals?
Yes. Items include new packaging with original or new accessories and manuals.
Is shopping Certified Refurbished friendly to the environment?
Yes. Buying refurbished can help reduce carbon emissions and eliminate unnecessary waste by keeping products in circulation for many more years to come.
What if I'm not happy with my Certified Refurbished purchase?
Certified Refurbished items are backed by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Click here to learn more.
What is the return policy for Certified Refurbished items?
You have 30 days to return a Certified Refurbished item. To learn more about eBay's hassle-free returns, click here.
Why did I receive a Certified Refurbished warranty?
All eligible eBay Certified Refurbished items come with a two-year warranty, starting on the date of purchase. The warranty is included with the purchase of the item.
How do I purchase a Certified Refurbished warranty?
It is not possible to purchase this product as it is included at no extra cost with the purchase of the item. To get a Certified Refurbished warranty you must purchase an eligible Certified Refurbished item.
How long does the Certified Refurbished warranty coverage last?
The warranty coverage will last two years from the date of purchase. SquareTrade, an Allstate company, will service all warranty claims on behalf of the eBay seller.
When does the Certified Refurbished warranty coverage start?
Your coverage begins on the date you purchased your Certified Refurbished item.
How does my warranty coverage start?
When you purchase your Certified Refurbished item, eBay will send information about you and your order to Allstate, the warranty provider. The information shared with Allstate will include information such as your first and last name and email address in addition to details about your order like the item purchased, the purchase price, and the purchase date. Allstate will use this information to initiate your warranty coverage without any further action from you.
What is not covered by the Certified Refurbished warranty?
- Products not purchased in Canada
- Products purchased for commercial use
- Any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts, or repair service other than those that have been authorized by Warrantor
- Accidental and intentional damage
- Normal wear and tear, corrosion, rust, stain, age, or products damaged due to any improper or discouraged use, mishandling, negligence, excessive wear and tear
- Products where the product number model or serial number has been removed, replaced, altered, or rendered illegible
- Products that have been damaged as a result of having been altered, modified and repaired in any way not expressly authorized in the instruction manual provided by Warrantor
- Cosmetic damage
- Products that have been damaged directly or indirectly from the use of a third-party product
- Products damaged as a result of acts of nature
- Products damaged as a result of connection to irregular current or voltage sources, or use on electric, current, or voltage other than that marked on the product, or any instruction book
- Products without a valid proof of purchase
How do I file a Certified Refurbished warranty claim?
You can file a claim 24/7 at allstateprotectionplans.com/service. You can also view and manage your plan.
What if I have more questions about the Certified Refurbished warranty?
Please click here to read the full SquareTrade Terms & Conditions of the warranty Contract, or contact SquareTrade, an Allstate Company, at SquareTrade.com. There are agents available 24/7 and an agent is always happy to assist you.