Earn eBay Bucks with qualifying purchases
and use them to get more on eBay.
Here's how to redeem your eBay Bucks certificate using eBay's checkout:
- Shop on eBay.
- Continue to the eBay checkout page and pay for your item before the expiration date on the certificate. Your Bucks certificate will appear by the item total.
- Check the box to apply your certificate to the total on the checkout page.
What do I do if my eBay Bucks certificate isn't applied?
If your certificate isn't applied, just follow these steps:
- Get your code from the eBay Bucks section of My eBay.
- Continue to the eBay checkout page.
- Enter your code in the Coupons, gift cards or certificates promotional box. This is located at the bottom of the page.
- Select Apply.
Some restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.
- What is the eBay Bucks Rewards Program?
The eBay Bucks Rewards Program is designed to reward eBay members for purchasing items on www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca and www.cafr.ebay.ca. Members can accrue eBay Bucks based on qualifying purchases. At the end of each calendar quarter, you will receive a reward equal to the amount of your eBay Bucks accrued during that calendar quarter in the form of an eBay Bucks Certificate. You can use this Certificate to buy more things on eBay!
Self enrollment in the eBay Bucks Program is currently closed. All eligible participants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a Canadian address tied to an eBay account and the account is in good standing (no holds or suspensions)
- Have an eBay account registered on eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca
- Can I earn eBay Bucks on multiple accounts?
No. There is a maximum of one (1) eBay account per person that can be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Members are not allowed to have or create multiple eBay Bucks accounts to circumvent the quarterly earn limit, and it is also not permitted to combine or transfer your earned balance from one account to another.
- How do I
Enrollment in eBay Bucks program is currently closed.
Earning eBay Bucks
- How do I earn eBay Bucks?
On or before March 31st, 2021 all eBay Bucks members will continue to earn 1% in addition to any Bucks Bonus Promotions that eBay may run on all qualifying purchases. When you receive a bonus offer, just activate the offer and start shopping on eBay and you'll automatically earn eBay Bucks on qualifying purchases. Earn eBay Bucks during a calendar quarter and you will receive an eBay Bucks Certificate for the total amount earned after that quarter ends.
- Why is the base earn being retired?
After careful and thorough consideration, we decided to retire the 1% earning after March 31st, 2021 as we look to continuously optimize our offerings. The good news is that we will continue to offer limited time eBay Bucks Bonus promotions for earning eBay Bucks. In addition, all Bucks earned on or after April 1st , 2021 through the Bonus offers will now be valid for 12 months.
- Do all my purchases on eBay qualify?
Most purchases on eBay qualify, but some restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions.
For example, to qualify, purchases must meet the following requirements:
- You are a current member of the eBay Bucks Rewards Program (can be a winning bid or Buy it Now).
- Bought on the Canadian or US eBay sites (www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca). Some third-party automated bidding applications (sniping tools) are actually placing their bids on international sites as opposed to bidding on the Canadian sites directly. Purchases completed by these applications do not qualify to earn eBay Bucks.
Among other restrictions, purchases made in the following categories DO NOT qualify:
- eBay Motors (except Parts & Accessories, which does qualify for eBay Bucks)
- Real Estate
- eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within the Gift Cards & Coupons category
- Coins & Paper Money, but only for Bullion within that category
- Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category
PLEASE NOTE: While eBay Bucks can't be earned on purchases in these categories, the eBay Bucks Certificates can still be used for redemption in these categories, except eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category. See complete details on redemption.
- How is the earn amount determined for a qualifying purchase?
The base earn amount is calculated by taking the [item price] x [quantity selected] x [earn percentage]. Any additional fees such as shipping, handling, and taxes are excluded from this calculation; eBay Bucks are earned solely on the item price.
- What is the base earn percentage?
The base earn percentage is the percent amount used to calculate how many eBay Bucks a member will earn on qualifying purchases. The base earn percentage of 1% will be discontinued after March 31st, 2021.
- Are all aspects of my qualifying purchase included in the calculation?
No, eBay Bucks are earned solely on the item price. Any other fees (including, but not limited to, shipping, handling, and taxes) are not included in the calculation of the earn amount.
- Can the base earn percentage change?
eBay reserves the right to change the base earn percentage up or down. From time to time, eBay may offer special promotions, including bonus offers and selling offers, that would provide members with extra eBay Bucks or an additional earn percentage in addition to the base earn percentage for qualifying purchases during the promotion period. If your purchase qualifies for multiple promotions, you will automatically earn credit for the highest value promotional offer.
- How do I know if I am signed up to receive emails from eBay Bucks?
To check that you're signed up to receive emails from eBay Bucks, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and go to My eBay
- Click on the Account tab
- Select Communication Preferences
- Scroll down to Promotions and Surveys, then select Show
- Select General Email Promotions and click Save
By signing up for general email promotions, you will receive emails from eBay Bucks.
- How do I find out about promotions that might affect how much I earn?
Most promotions are sent via email to the email address you have listed in your account.
- Are there any limitations on how many eBay Bucks I can earn?
- You can earn up to USD $100 in eBay Bucks on any single eBay purchase. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 1% and the purchase price (excluding tax, duties, shipping fees) is in excess of USD $10,000, you would be restricted from earning any more eBay Bucks for that purchase beyond the USD $100 eBay Bucks purchase earn limit.
- You can earn up to USD $500 in eBay Bucks for all qualifying purchases during a given calendar quarter. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 1% and the total value of qualifying purchases exceeds USD $50,000 during a given calendar quarter, you would be restricted from accumulating any more eBay Bucks beyond the USD $500 eBay Bucks quarterly earn limit.
- When can I earn and redeem my eBay Bucks?
You can earn eBay Bucks throughout each calendar quarter. For example, you can earn eBay Bucks from January 1 through March 31. Then a new earn period starts on April 1 and runs through June 30. Your eBay Bucks Certificate will appear in your account approximately 15 days after the quarter ends.
- Can I earn eBay Bucks while taking advantage of another eBay promotional program?
Yes, you may earn eBay Bucks in conjunction with most other eBay promotions such as while using an eBay Coupon.
- When are my eBay Bucks posted to my account?
eBay Bucks are posted after you purchase and pay for your item(s) (either auction-style or Buy It Now).
- I received an extra eBay Bucks promotional offer; when will my eBay Bucks be posted to my account?
On promotion day(s), you must purchase and pay (and/or sell depending on the promotion) for your item(s) on that same day(s) to qualify for the extra eBay Bucks.
- Can I earn eBay Bucks without a PayPal account?
Yes! You can pay for qualifying purchases to earn eBay Bucks.
- How can I check my eBay Bucks balance?
Go to My eBay and click "eBay Bucks" under the "Buy" heading in the left-hand menu bar to see your qualifying purchase activity and balance or click here.
- Why does my eBay Bucks account show a negative balance?
You likely returned an item after you spent the eBay Bucks Certificate that you earned for it. This often happens when you purchase an item in one quarter, spend the eBay Bucks Certificate you earned for buying that item, and then returned that item. Any future purchases will be offset against that negative balance as you continue to earn eBay Bucks.
- Why does my eBay Bucks show $0.00?
At the beginning of each calendar quarter, your eBay Bucks amount listed in the left navigation bar on the My eBay page will reset to $0.00. If you have earned eBay Bucks the previous quarter, we will process your eBay Bucks Certificate and make it available to you in approximately fifteen (15) days. You can check to see if the Certificate has been issued by scrolling down to the Activity section on the eBay Bucks page under My eBay.
- Why does My eBay show less eBay Bucks than I expected?
Some purchases may not qualify for eBay Bucks or may be subject to a restriction.
You should also know that from time to time, purchases may be subject to review, so what first appears as a "$0.00" earning could turn into the earn amount you expected.
If you return a purchase, the eBay Bucks earned for that purchase will be deducted from your eBay Bucks balance total. If the return occurred in the next earn period, you may even start off with a negative balance.
- When will I get my eBay Bucks certificate?
If you earn eBay Bucks in a calendar quarter, you will get your eBay Bucks Certificate approximately 3–15 days after the end of the quarterly earn period. Please check the eBay Bucks page in My eBay; keep an eye on the "Certificates" section. You will also receive an email when your Certificate is ready to be redeemed.
- Where can I redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
- How do I redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
- Shop on eBay.
- Continue to the eBay checkout page and pay for your item by the expiration date. Your Bucks certificate will appear by the item subtotal.
- Click to apply your certificate on the eBay checkout page.
- How long do I have to redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
Any eBay Bucks earned through March 31st 2021 (Certificate issued in April 2021) will be valid for 30 days. Any eBay Bucks earned starting April 1st, 2021 (Certificate issued in or after July 2021) will be valid for 12 months. ￼￼Please check your eBay Bucks Certificate for specific dates. Your unredeemed eBay Bucks Certificate will expire after the end of the expiration period.
- What do I do if my eBay Bucks certificate isn't available at checkout?
If your certificate isn't available at checkout, follow these steps:
- Get your code from the eBay Bucks section of My eBay.
- Continue to the eBay checkout page.
- Enter your code in the "Coupons, gift cards or certificates" promotional box at the bottom of the page
Some restrictions apply; see Terms & Conditions for details.
- What if I pay for an item with my eBay Bucks Certificate and I return that item? Do I lose my eBay Bucks?
No, you do not lose your eBay Bucks Certificate. When you return the item, we will re-issue your eBay Bucks Certificate and you will then have either 21 days or until the end of the existing redemption period (whichever is longer) to spend your eBay Bucks Certificate.
Impact to sellers
- Are selling fees impacted?
No, there is no impact to seller fees as a result of this Program.
- Are my listings eligible for eBay Bucks?
eBay Bucks members will see the eBay Bucks offer as long as a seller's item qualifies for eBay Bucks. No action is required. Please note that as the seller, you will not see eBay Bucks information for your own inventory. This is because as a seller you can't buy your own items and you also would not earn Bucks in these cases.
- How can I verify that eBay Bucks are offered on my items?
If you are using separate accounts for buying and selling and have signed up for eBay Bucks with your buyer account, you can see the eBay Bucks information from your buying account. After March 31st 2021, buyers enrolled into the program will no longer earn 1% on all qualifying purchase. The good news is that we will continue to offer limited time eBay Bucks Bonus promotions for earning eBay Bucks from time to time.In fact, eBay Bucks are displayed for any eBay account other than the account from which an item was listed under these conditions:
- That eBay account must be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Program
- You must be signed in to eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca with that account
- The item qualifies for earning Bucks
- Should I mention eBay Bucks in my item listings?
Since participation is voluntary, not all eBay members will be participating in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Therefore, we strongly discourage you from mentioning eBay Bucks in your listings as some eBay members who are not eBay Bucks members may get confused and hesitate to buy from you.
- How can I make sure that eBay Bucks members can earn eBay Bucks when they purchase my listing?
As long as your items are not listed in any of the restricted categories (see Terms & Conditions for details) you don't have to do anything for members to earn eBay Bucks from your listing.
- Can I participate as a buyer?
Enrollment in eBay Bucks is currently closed for all buyers.
EBAY BUCKS REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Eligible Participants. An "Eligible Participant" means an eBay user who meets, and continues to meet during participation in the Program, the following criteria:
- Is a registered member of www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca and with an eBay account in good standing (no hold or suspension) and is a legal Canadian resident 18 years of age or older with a Canadian registration address tied to his/her eBay account;
- Is enrolled in the eBay Bucks program, accepted these Terms and Conditions and has not opted out of the Program by going to the eBay Bucks page in "My eBay" and following the link "Want to unenroll from eBay Bucks?";
- Has not been previously terminated from participation in the Program by eBay.
2. Qualifying Spend. "Qualifying Spend" means payment made for items purchased by Eligible Participants that meet the following criteria:
- They were purchased after Program registration excluding the following categories:
- All categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories, (at: www.ebay.ca/motors),
- Real Estate,
- Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category,
- Gift Cards & Coupons, but only for eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category, and
- Coins & Paper Money, but only for Bullion within that category.
3. Earn Period and eBay Bucks Certificate.
- "Earn Period" means the applicable calendar quarter (3-month period) during which eBay offers to an Eligible Participant the opportunity to accrue Rewards (defined below).
- "eBay Bucks" means the unit by which eBay measures an Eligible Participant's earn on Qualifying Spend. eBay Bucks have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or its equivalents.
- "eBay Bucks Certificate" or "Certificate" means the certificate that eBay will issue to an Eligible Participant after an Earn Period based on an Eligible Participant's eBay Bucks accrual in a calendar quarter. Any certificates issued before July 1, 2021 will be valid for 30 days from the date of issuance. Any certificate issued on or after July 1, 2021 will be valid for 12 months from the date of issuance (as described below).
4. Rewards. "Rewards" means a U.S. dollar amount which will be given in the form of an eBay Bucks Certificate (or, in eBay's sole discretion, cash) attributed to the Eligible Participant's eBay account and meets the following criteria:
- Reward amount will be comprised of any qualifying purchases during limited-time promotional offer(s) that eBay, in its sole discretion, may offer to Eligible Participants;
- If the Qualifying Spend was for items listed on www.ebay.com in foreign currencies, the Reward amount will be calculated based on the exchange rate available to eBay at the time of payment (so the final Reward amount may differ slightly from the amount displayed at the time of purchase);
- If eBay offers to an Eligible Participant multiple limited-time promotional offers for Rewards at any given time, that Eligible Participant will receive the promotional offer resulting in the highest Reward as calculated by eBay but limited-time promotional offers for Rewards may not be stacked or combined;
- An Eligible Participant can earn up to USD $100 in Rewards for each transaction, regardless of the number of items purchased in that transaction;
- Over the course of each Earn Period, Rewards are capped at USD $500 in Rewards for each Eligible Participant;
- Rewards may only be earned on one eBay account per Eligible Participant, regardless of the number of eBay accounts used by such Eligible Participant;
- Rewards will be tied to the eBay account of the Eligible Participant and Rewards cannot be combined across any other eBay accounts;
- Unused Rewards on an eBay Bucks Certificate are forfeited when the eBay Bucks Certificate expires;
- eeBay reserves the right to hold back or otherwise suspend Rewards after purchase in its sole discretion to investigate compliance with eBay's policies. In such case, Rewards may not post for Qualifying Spend during eBay's investigation and will post if eBay clears the transaction; and
- eBay reserves the right to fix any processing errors it discovers, which may result in adjustments to Rewards after posting.
5. Reward Redemption. An Eligible Participant may redeem Rewards in accordance with the following requirements:
- eBay Bucks will issue an eBay Bucks Certificate reflecting an Eligible Participant's earn on Qualifying Spend within an Earn Period;
- eBay will endeavor to issue an Eligible Participant an eBay Bucks Certificate within 15 days after the end of the Earn Period but eBay may take longer to issue an eBay Bucks Certificate or the eBay Bucks Certificate may be reduced if eBay is investigating compliance with its policies or fixing any processing errors;
- The eBay Bucks Certificate, issued before July 1, 2021, is valid and redeemable by an Eligible Participant for 30 days after the eBay Bucks Certificate was issued by eBay. Any certificate issued on or after July 1, 2021 will be valid for 12 months from the date of issuance;
- Rewards may only be redeemed toward purchases made on www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca.
- Rewards may not be redeemed for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupon category;
- Rewards will be deducted from the total purchase price and any unused Reward amount remaining on the eBay Bucks Certificate will continue to be available to the Eligible Participant until that eBay Bucks Certificate expires;
- Any unused amount on the eBay Bucks Certificate shall be forfeited if not redeemed before the expiration date;
- Rewards are not transferable and have no face value;
- Rewards may not be redeemable through some customized checkout systems;
- Rewards cannot be used retroactively for prior purchases;
- Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash but eBay reserves the right to give Rewards in the form of cash in its sole discretion;
- Unredeemed Rewards and/or eBay Bucks Certificates are forfeited if the Eligible Participant opts out of the Program, or if eBay terminates the Program or the Eligible Participant's participation in this Program; and
- If an Eligible Participant uses the eBay Bucks Certificate towards the purchase of an item that is later refunded, eBay will credit back to the Eligible Participant the Reward amount spent on the refunded item.
6. Other Terms and Conditions.
- Modification and Termination.
- eBay reserves the right to modify or terminate this Program at any time by posting amended terms or a termination notice on the Eligible Participant's "eBay Bucks" section within My eBay or by sending email notice to the email addresses tied to Eligible Participants' eBay accounts. Except where stated otherwise, all amended terms will be effective three (3) days after they are posted and/or emailed to you. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to opt out of the Program by going to the eBay Bucks page in "My eBay" and follow the link "Want to unenroll from eBay Bucks?" located under the "Activity" table. eBay may also terminate an Eligible Participant's participation in the Program by sending the termination notice to the email address tied to the Eligible Participant's eBay account. Without limiting the foregoing, eBay may suspend an Eligible Participant's participation in the Program indefinitely to investigate potential violations of eBay's policies without prior notice to the Eligible Participant. If eBay in its sole discretion believes an Eligible Participant has or is using existing eBay accounts or creating new accounts in order to circumvent or undermine these Terms and Conditions, eBay reserves the right to terminate the Eligible Participant's participation from the Program.
- To opt out of this Program, please go to the eBay Bucks page in "My eBay" and follow the link "Want to unenroll from eBay Bucks?" located under the "Activity" table. By opting out, you forfeit all accumulated Rewards.