One gift card. Millions of listings.
Digital gift cards are currently unavailable on eBay as we develop a better-than-ever experience to be launched soon.
You can purchase our physical gift cards at Metro, Loblaws, and other retailers near you.
By purchasing, accepting or using the eBay Gift Card in physical or digital form ("Gift Card") and in consideration for your right to use the Gift Card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") and the terms and conditions contained in the eBay User Agreement (the "eBay User Agreement") which is incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions. In these Terms and Conditions, "you" and "your" means the cardholder who has purchased or received a Gift Card. "We" or "our" means eBay Canada Limited.
Please be advised that the eBay User Agreement contains provisions that govern how claims you and we have against each other are resolved (see section entitled "Legal Disputes " in the eBay User Agreement). It also contains an arbitration agreement section entitled "Agreement to Arbitrate", which will, with limited exceptions, require you to submit claims you have against us to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the arbitration agreement (see the "Legal Disputes " provision in the eBay User Agreement). In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and those contained in the eBay User Agreement, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- You must have an eBay account with a Canadian registered address to redeem the Gift Card.
- Invalid or unidentifiable Gift Card numbers will not be redeemed.
- As a security feature, upon first use the Gift Card (including funds on the Gift Card) links to the eBay account associated with the Gift Card's first use and becomes non-transferable.
- The Gift Card may only be used for purchases on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca, and eBay.com.
- It is important that you track the Gift Card balance. You may check your Gift Card balance by using the Gift Card balance checker.
- The Gift Card is not reloadable, refundable, or redeemable for cash or credit, unless required by law.
- The Gift Card may be used to make purchases only up to the available balance on the Gift Card. The available balance of the Gift Card is reduced by the amount of each purchase of goods or services and by other deductions, if any, that may be required by law.
- If you want to use the Gift Card to make a purchase that exceeds the available balance on the Gift Card, you must combine the use of the Gift Card with additional payment from your PayPal account or other funding source. You agree that we are not responsible if you do not have enough funds on your Gift Card to facilitate a transaction.
- The Gift Card may not be used to pay eBay or PayPal service fees. The Gift Card also may not be used to buy eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).
- No more than a total of $1,500 in Gift Cards may be redeemed in a single transaction, no more than $2,500 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per day, and no more than a total of $6,000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per calendar month. Further, you may only redeem a maximum of eight Gift Cards in any single transaction (and fewer if you are redeeming Gift Cards in combination with other redemption codes, such as coupons or vouchers).
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THE EBAY USER AGREEMENT AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXCEPT IN QUEBEC, WE AND OUR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE GIFT CARD OR ANY PURCHASES MADE WITH THE GIFT CARD, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This paragraph gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- IN ADDITION TO THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES SET OUT IN THE EBAY USER AGREEMENT, EXCEPT IN QUEBEC, YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND ANY INABILITY TO USE A GIFT CARD BECAUSE OUR SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY). IN ADDITION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM: (A) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF A GIFT CARD THROUGH ACCIDENT, MISUSE, OR FRAUDULENT MEANS OR DEVICES BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY; (B) ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL; (C) THE USE OF THE GIFT CARD BEING SUSPENDED OR PROHIBITED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN REPORTED LOST OR STOLEN, OR WE BELIEVE IT IS BEING USED SUSPICIOUSLY OR FRAUDULENTLY OR IS BEING SUBJECTED TO UNAUTHORIZED USE; (D) THROUGH NO FAULT OF OURS, YOUR NOT HAVING SUFFICIENT FUNDS ON A GIFT CARD TO COVER A TRANSACTION; OR (E) INABILITY TO USE A GIFT CARD BECAUSE OUR SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY THROUGH NO FAULT OF OURS. YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE. The laws of certain jurisdictions may not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING AND THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES IN THE EBAY USER AGREEMENT AND IN THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH, IN THE EVENT THAT WE OR OUR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES ARE FOUND LIABLE TO YOU, YOU SHALL ONLY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER ACTUAL AND DIRECT DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT LOADED ONTO YOUR GIFT CARD.
- The funds on the Gift Card do not expire. No fees apply.
- Protect the Gift Card like cash. Lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards will only be replaced if the Gift Card has never been used, and only with satisfactory proof of purchase and Gift Card number, where required by law.
- We reserve the right to correct the Gift Card balance if we believe that a clerical, billing or accounting error has occurred. You also agree that we may deactivate, cancel or suspend any Gift Card if we suspect fraud, unlawful activity or improper Gift Card use. You agree that you will not use a revoked Gift Card.
- The Gift Card is not a credit, debit, or charge card. No implied warranties attach to it, subject to applicable law. The balance on the Gift Card is not a deposit and is not insured.
- Use of the eBay services is subject to each company's respective User Agreement. Gift Card users must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Gift Card is issued by eBay Canada Limited, a Canadian entity located at 500 King Street West, Suite 200, ON M5V 1L9, Canada. If you have questions or concerns regarding the Gift Card or these Terms and Conditions, visit our Help page.
- We reserve the right to change the terms of the eBay Gift Card program, amend or terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time or to contract with a third party to administer this program. Any amendment to the Terms and Conditions will be posted on www.eBay.ca at least 30 days in advance of the amendment taking effect. In all cases, an amendment will take effect on the date indicated in the posted notice. If an amendment entails an increase in your obligations or a reduction in our obligations, you may refuse the amendment and cancel these Terms and Conditions without cost, penalty or cancellation indemnity by sending us a notice to that effect to our above address no later than 30 days after the amendment comes into force.
- We may assign these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. However, if we assign the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions will remain substantially the same unless you are notified.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed in accordance with the law of the same jurisdiction that governs the eBay User Agreement.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC ONLY: The parties attorn to the jurisdiction of Quebec and these Terms and Conditions will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- The parties agree that this Agreement and all other documents associated with the Agreement and all communications between us will be in English. Les parties aux présentes conviennent à ce que cette entente et tous autres documents et communications soient rédigés en anglais.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
eBay Gift Cards FAQs
Are there restrictions on the use of eBay Gift Cards?
Yes. You must have an eBay account with a Canadian registered address. There are limits on redeeming eBay Gift Cards, including time and spending threshold limits. Additionally, eBay Gift Cards may not be used to buy other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). See full terms and conditions.
Where can I buy an eBay Gift Card?
You can buy an eBay Gift Card at select retail stores.
When and where can I use an eBay Gift Card?
You can use your eBay Gift Card to pay for eligible items listed on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca, and eBay.com.
How do I find out how much money is on my eBay Gift Card?
Look up your eBay Gift Card balance using our online Gift Card Balance Checker.
How can I redeem my eBay Gift Card?
To redeem your eBay Gift Card, follow these steps:
- Add an item to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Select your payment method.
- Under the Add Coupon section, enter the 13-digit redemption code found on the back of the Gift Card or sent via email, and select Apply. Your order total will be discounted to reflect the value of the Gift Card.
- Review the payment details and select Confirm and Pay.
Do I need an eBay account to use an eBay Gift Card?
Yes, you need an eBay account registered in Canada to use an eBay Gift Card. You can create an eBay account at any time.
How do I pay with an eBay account?
To use your eBay Gift Card, enter the redemption code on the back of the card at checkout.
The redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the redemption code.
Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your eBay Gift Card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
What if my order total is less than the amount of my eBay Gift Card?
After using your eBay Gift Card, any remaining balance is attached to your eBay account. After the first use, the Gift Card cannot be transferred to a different eBay account.
To redeem the remaining balance, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
Why wasn't my eBay Gift Card accepted when paying for an item?
Here are a few things to check if your eBay Gift Card isn't accepted:
- Make sure you have an eBay account with a Canadian shipping address.
- If you used your eBay Gift Card once before, make sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Make sure there's money on your eBay Gift Card by checking your Gift Card balance.
- Make sure you are not exceeding the Gift Card time and threshold redemption limits.
- Only eight (8) incentive codes can be accepted per check-out transaction. These codes include eBay Gift Cards, eBay Gift Certificates, eBay Bucks, and coupons.
- An eBay Gift Card may not be used to purchase other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). If you have any of these items in your cart when you're checking out, an eBay Gift Card cannot be applied.
Where can I get help if I'm having trouble with my eBay Gift Card at checkout?
If you are having trouble redeeming your eBay Gift Card at checkout, visit this page for additional troubleshooting tips, or to contact us.
What if I return something I bought with an eBay Gift Card?
If you return an item you bought with an eBay Gift Card, the refund is credited back to your Gift Card.
Is there a way to replace a lost eBay Gift Card?
An unused eBay Gift Card that has been lost, stolen, or damaged will only be replaced where required by law, when you have proof of purchase and the Gift Card number.
What are the terms and conditions of eBay Gift Cards?
eBay Gift Cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalents, unless required by law. eBay Gift Cards never expire, and there are no fees.
How do I guard against fraudulent activity?
Treat your eBay Gift Card and redemption code like cash. Never give or send your Gift Card redemption code to anyone. Your eBay Gift Card can only be redeemed at checkout on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca, and eBay.com. Do not provide your Gift Card redemption code to other websites that request eBay Gift Card redemption codes as payment. For more information, or if you suspect involvement in a scam, please contact us.
What if there are other issues with my gift card?
Please gather the following information and items, and contact the retailer where your eBay Gift Card was purchased:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- A picture of the back of the Gift Card
- A picture of the purchase receipt for the Gift Card
- Your eBay account name
- The Gift Card redemption code, if legible