Terms & Conditions
A Canadian seller is defined as a seller who uses a Canadian business address while registering for their eBay account.
Eligible sellers must:
- Register a new Canadian business account, set up an automatic payment method, and connect to a registered PayPal account OR have an existing www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca business seller account. Newly registered business accounts must pass eBay validation.
- Be a registered Ownr user.
- Eligible Canadian business sellers that successfully qualify will receive the Promotion via an eBay Seller Success specialist. Once the Promotion has been successfully activated, the qualifying Canadian seller will receive a “Confirmation Email” from email@example.com. The Promotion will begin on the day the seller receives this “Confirmation Email”.
What is the Promotion?
Qualifying Sellers must meet the following requirements:
- An eBay business seller account with a payment method on file.
- A seller performance level that is not below standard performance.
- Pay no store subscription fee (the “Promotional Subscription Rate”) on www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca for 90 days of your existing store subscription OR on a new Basic store subscription from the subscription start date (“the Store Subscription Discount”). See the Subscription Fee Table below for discount amounts.
- Pay no insertion fee per qualifying listing for up to 350 listings that are listed on www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca during the Promotion Period. These free listings are part of the Basic eBay Store Subscription offer and will expire on the date the above Store Subscription promo ends.
All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.
Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale is the amount the buyer pays, including any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax is not included in the calculation. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply.
collectively, referred to as the "Promotion".
How do I receive the Promotional Store Subscription Rate?
Sellers who qualify for the Promotion and receive validation from an eBay Seller Success specialist via firstname.lastname@example.org will receive the offer. The promotion will be automatically applied to your seller account on www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca within 2-7 business days of your validation and will start the day you receive the “Confirmation Email”.
How do I activate the Free Listing Insertion Fees?
Eligible Canadian business accounts who pass eBay validation will automatically receive the Promotion after they receive a “Confirmation Email” from email@example.com. Sellers can then create Qualifying Listings on the Canadian or US sites at www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca, or through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form, the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account” section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.
When is it?
Store Subscription Discount
This Store Subscription Discount will begin on the day you receive your “Confirmation Email” from firstname.lastname@example.org and will end 90 days later. Newly-registered eligible Canadian business seller accounts will receive a Basic Store subscription that will automatically renew on a monthly basis after the Promotional Subscription Period, unless cancelled before the end of the Promotional Subscription Period. Current eBay store subscribers who are eligible for the Promotion will receive the Store Subscription Discount on their current store subscription level as of the date they receive their “Confirmation Email”. The period in which you pay a discounted subscription fee as a result of this Promotion shall be referred to as the "Promotional Subscription Period". See Stores cancellation information for more details about cancelling a subscription.
Free Listing Insertion Fees
The Promotion will begin on the day you receive your “Confirmation Email” from email@example.com, and will and will end 90 days later, for listings on www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Listing Period").
Stores Cancellation Information
Your Store Subscription Discount will be deemed to start on the date you receive the Promotion “Confirmation Email” from firstname.lastname@example.org and will automatically renew after the Promotional Subscription Period of 90 days, and you will be charged the Standard Monthly Subscription fee (below). If you do not want to be charged for your eBay Store subscription in accordance with the store terms after the Promotional Subscription Period, you will need to cancel your subscription by 23:59:59 ET on the last day of your Promotional Subscription Period. If you do want to retain your eBay Store Subscription in accordance with the store terms after the Promotional Subscription Period, you will be charged the standard Monthly Subscription fee (below). To cancel, click on Subscriptions within the account tab of My eBay, then click or Cancel Subscription.
|Current eBay Stores Level (before the Promotional Subscription Period)||New eBay Stores Level (During the Promotional Subscription Period)||Monthly Subscription fee during the Promotional Subscription Period||Yearly Subscription fee during the Promotional Subscription Period||Standard Monthly Subscription fee, after end of the Promotional Subscription Period||Standard Yearly Subscription fee, after end of the Promotional Subscription Period|
What will I see on my invoice?
Example for Sellers receiving an invoice on the 1st day of the month:
If your promotion starts on April 6, you will see no subscription fee for the Store level selected for April 6-31 on your April invoice. On your May invoice, you will see no subscription fee for May 1 – 31. On your June invoice, you will see no subscription fee for June 1-30. If you do not cancel your subscription prior to July 5 at 23:59:59PST, you will see no subscription fee for July 1- 5 and standard subscription rate for July 6 to 31.
Summary of Restrictions & Exclusions
Store Subscription Discount
- eBay Store fees, terms, and benefits will still be in effect.
- This Promotion is only valid for subscriptions in Canada.
- Only Sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards will remain eligible throughout the Promotional Subscription Period. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than five detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive an email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.
Free Listing Insertion Fees
- All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
- The Promotion excludes listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.
- Relists or renewals that occur outside of the Promotion Period will not qualify for the Promotion.
- This Promotion is only valid for listings on the Canadian at www.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca.
- Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees and payments processing fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
eBay reserves the right to suspend, change, or cancel this Promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which in eBay's opinion make it necessary for it to do so.